To improve girls’/women’s situation of menstrual health the RAGMHH is engaging with the community to :
1) Provide girls and women with menstrual hygiene articles of their choice:
Biodegradable sanitary and/or cloth napkins
Reusable sanitary and/or cloth napkins
These articles will be provided against payment of a small donation of an amount the woman can afford. Alternatively, it will be given for free.
2) The project group obtains these articles by buying them from manufacturers or by creating micro-businesses of manufacturing to add the value of earning money to a village.
3) Provide schools/villages with water supply and gender-based lavatories and take care of its maintenance
4) Regular counselling: Provide girls/women with information about the use of these articles (pro’s and con’s of each item with regards to: health, age, reusability, environment, need of water, hours of use etc.), break taboos and educate
5) Create awareness of this topic all over the planet to raise funds and to take action
7) Implement menstruation cups also in Northern America, Europe, Australia to reduce
“menstrual waste” and “menstrual costs”.